PROJECT & CONTRACTOR CHECKLIST
12 THINGS TO ASK YOUR LANDSCAPE CONTRACTOR
1) How long have you been in business?
We have been in business since 1998.
You can confirm up to date business information by contacting the Utah Division of Corporations at 801-530-4849 .
2) Are you a Licensed Landscape & Swimming pool contractor in Utah?
We are licensed Landscape and Swimming pool contractors . Unlike most landscape companies we do not sub contact critical elements of your job to other operators.
Our licensing details are below:
Landscaping license: # 8848215-5501
Swimming pool & spa license: #9587698-5501
You can check proof of current licensure by contacting the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing 801-530-6628
3) How many years of professional landscape experience do you have?
We have over 18 years of experience.
4) Are you fully insured and is your coverage adequate for the equipment you use and the scope of your projects?
We carry extensive General Liability coverage (up to $1,000,000 per project) and comprehensive Automobile and Equipment Insurance. (If in doubt, ask for a copy of the policy)
5) Do you provide a written warranty with your work? How long is the warranty period and what does it include?
We offer a 90 day warranty on all plants and trees and a 12-month warranty on all our other work. This written warranty is included in the client contract. You should always get written copies of all warranties.
6) Do you have full-time, seasoned employees covered by Worker’s Compensation, and are you paying them legally and above board?
Yes. Each employee has been hand-selected and has over 10 years of industry experience!
Full-time trained employees will give you a much better job-they have experience and take pride in their work.
7) Will you provide a minimum of three references that I can call or visit to see their landscapes?
Yes. We believe that we are only as good as our last job. This means we work hard for each client to ensure their happiness. We have many satisfied clients that you can call or visit.
Talking to and visiting past clients means you can find out if the contractor lives up to their sales pitch and you can see the quality of their work.
8) When you arrive at my site, will you commit to stay until the work is completed or will you have to go and put other fires while my project is going on?
We dedicate a crew to each job from start to finish. It is inefficient to shuttle crews back and forth between jobs. We start and finish our projects on time. OUR success depends on this!
9)Do you own your own equipment or just rent equipment as the workload requires?
We own our own tractors and have all the necessary equipment to complete any aspect of your landscaping
10) Has your company won any awards for any of your work?
In 2015 we received Houzz.com awards for our Service & Design. In 2014 we were recognized with a Houzz.com award for Service.
In 2013 we received an Honorable Mention in the HNA awards and in 2012 we were judged the winner of this prestigious hardscaping competition.
In 2010 we received a Best In State award for our endeavors in the field of landscaping.
We have been voted the Favorite Landscaper in Utah County as evidenced through the receipt of the prestigious 2002 People’s Choice Award.
We have won numerous awards for our many entries in the Parade of Homes including: Judges Choice, Quality Craftsmanship and Best Exterior. We won a statewide competition in the 2004 Utah Parade of Ponds. We have also received Beautification Awards from several cities. Our work has been featured on the cover of the Lawn & Landscape, 2004 UVHBA Parade Magazine, Utah Valley Magazine and People Magazine.
It is important to find out who you are dealing with- does this contractor have the ability to create a work of art?
11) What is the scope of services your company provides?
We are a Full Service landscape company. We can take on any project with confidence. We have crews trained and experienced in all aspects of landscape installation and maintenance.
12) What can we expect after the installation is finished?
How committed is the contractor to ensuring that your landscape establishes properly and that all systems operate properly?
For no additional charge, we manage each project we install for 1 month to ensure that all the plant and sod material thrive, that the sprinklers are fine tuned, and that the landscape maintains its beauty.